вторник, 19 сентября 2017 г.

The Morse Code Treasure Hunt, part II

The Morse Code Treasure Hunt, part II

Wow...sorry it took me so long to continue this post! Sometimes life gets in the way, right?!?


I decided on a TREE theme for Connor's treasure hunt. (A shout out to Andrea for giving me the idea to BRANCH out and re-use my Money Origami post!)



Using the Morse Code cheat sheet (below), I typed two messages using dots and dashes (with a "/" between words and four spaces between letters). The clues would lead him to two different trees.



I started by giving him an envelope with the cheat sheet and the first clue. This clue says:



Birthday wishes for a TREEmendous kid!


Clue #1:


Thanks to sunshine and April showers,


I'll soon bloom with pretty, pink flowers!


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


TREE was the important clue...this brought him to my flowering crab tree (which still hasn't flowered yet!). He found the next clue which said:


I was once sturdy and strong,

until oak wilt came along!



At the dead tree, he found his birthday card (filled with a TREEmendous amount of money, of course)!



I'm going to go out on a LIMB here and say that this is a fun treasure hunt for older kids (or adults), try it!


Original article and pictures take rko-ideas-galore.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий